It's getting to be time to get back to the jet and continue, but I just had to stop by Puerto Williams. They've got a web site, which I ran into while browsing Wikipedia for info on the area. (The Wiki entry is here.)
So, this flight was from Mount Pleasant in the FAlklands to Guardiamenina Zanartu airport at Puero Williams, Chile, just across the channel and up a bit from Ushuaia. Distance was about 380nm, which I flew VFR at 6,500ft, most of the way, until runing into a cloud bank about 90mn out from PW, so I took it up to 8,500. Uneventful strsight in landing- although, it seems that Flight Simulator has a thing for fog & haze at high latitudes. Or at least that's the way the graphics engine interprets 'broken clouds' or 'partly overcast'.
Taking off from Mount Pleasant
Pretty nice weather over the Falklands, apart from the aforementioned haze
Over cloud tops nearing Puerto Williams
Approaching the airport
Taxiing back to the tower bldng.
The actual tower
An aerial phtoi of the city
Overall, it loks like a nice place- very scenic, going to great lengths to attract tourism...
On the other hand- there is this:
No comments:
Post a Comment