Trip length of 1569NM, Cruising at 290KIAS at FL 310. I was using a GPS direct route, and so I wound up hugging the border between Zambia and Malawi for a while, which resulted in repeated handoffs between centers, in turn making the frequency change list rather long. Anyway, it went like this: Joburg tower for clearance & takeoff, then to Waterkloof Departure, Johannesburg Center, Harare Center, Beira Center- then the ping-pong match. Lusaka Ctr, Lilongwe Ctr, Lusaka Ctr, Lilongwe Ctr, Lusaka Ctr, Lilongwe Ctr. Finally, handing off to Dar Es Salaam Center, then Nairobi Center, Nairobi Approach, Nairobi Tower, then I got stuck behind a DeHaviland Dash 8 that couldn't get off the runway in time, so I had to go around. Uneventful landing the second time.
Warming up at Joburg
Climbing into blue sky
En Route
On Descent
Parked atthe cargo terminal appearently
Aerial Photo of Nairobi International
No comments:
Post a Comment