I 'borrowed' a Skyhawk to do a little VFR around Rio while I was here. I took off and landed from Galeão - Antônio Carlos Jobim International Airport, having both one of the longest names of any airport so far, and definitely the longest taxi time. The airport is laid out with the runway and terminal formina a sort of U shape around a hill, so there's no shortcut from parking to the end of runway 28. I buzzed around for a bit, north & south over Ipanema & Copacabana, did a touch and go at Santos Dumont, which used to be the international airport, then headed back to land. Coming in, I got cleared to land in front of a 737, so it was a case of get down & get the heck off the runway. Managed to make it without either of us having to go around.
Taxiing ... taxiing ...

Near Pão de Açúcar

Near Pão de Açúcar with Copacabana in the background

Heading around for another angle
No comments:
Post a Comment