Saturday, March 24, 2007

Leg the 16th - Recife

On To Recife, Guararapes International Airport
From Rio to Recife is a flight of 1003 NM. I cruised at FL310, 270KIAS. I pushed back from the terminal at 7am, just after sunrise in Rio. Weather was still not the best in Rio, with a briken ceiling and scattered showers, one of which I flew through just after takeoff.

Clearance delivery had me climbing to 13,000 after takeoff. Ground had me taxi to the active, runway 15 for departure, and there werer no other aircraft arpound, so I got cleared for immediate takeoff. Tower passed to Rio departure, the to Brasilia center. Once I got to 13,000, I was cleared up to FL230, then to cruising altitude. Eventually, Brasilia handed off to Recife center. The active at Recife was 18, soi the call to decend came lat, as I was approaching from the south. At 103 NM from the airport, I got the instruction to descend to FL190. Vectored to final through 11,000, then 2,800, then hit the beam at 2,000. I put it down right on the centerline, but kinda blew the flare, and hit a little hard. Ewps.

Rio Terminal


Taxiing To The Active

Climbing Out in the Rain-with an example of the cheesy was FS handles low level haze in the background

Turning to Course

En Route

Descending into Recife

On The Beam

On Final

Touchdown

The Airport at Recife

No comments: